Tuesday, January 13, 2009
For many years I loved scrapbooking. I spent endless days and nights, sometimes by myself, sometimes with good friends, scrapbooking all the special days I want to remember. This past year it started to feel more like a stress than fun. All I could think of was how behind I was and it was overwhelming. So, now I'm doing the digital photobooks which is a solution I can live with - the pictures are nice and I still get to journal. Though if I walk into a scrapbook store, it's hard to resist all those cute little embellishments. I do plan to keep some supplies on hand so I can scrapbook with Hannah or some of my friends who still do it. Anyway, my friend Janette told me about an idea that I thought was pretty cool. You can buy a kit (actually I tried and it is sold out) and put together a scrapbook (with minimal work) that documents an entire year. All you do is take at least one picture everyday. It can be of absolutely anything. I'm going to give it a try and then hopefully get a kit or do some sort of "alternative" scrapbook. The four following pictures are part of this "365 Day Challenge." After that I may try to post a weeks worth of pictures - we'll see how it goes. They may seem sort of random but I guess by the end of the year, they'll be a good picture of what our year looked like!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I keep thinking I am going to do the 365...but then I quit it after a few weeks!! Good Luck..there are a ton of people who do it on Flickr!!
Lori, did I tell you that you can make your blog into a book?? If I didn't, let me know and I will email you the website to do that!! :)
It's so funny that we both scrapbooked - I still do, and made a lot of really good friends in the hobby. I also heard about websites that will make your blog into a book - one that I've been looking into is http://www.blurb.com/
My 365 Project is pretty random so far, but I agree, it will be a sort of snapshot of my family's year!
Post a Comment