Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Spirit

This year it has been a bit hard for me to get into the Christmas spirit - it can just be so overwhelming at times. Sometimes I do want to say, "bah humbug," but I know these are special times and I need to savor them. Some bright spots that I have really enjoyed this holiday are the Christmas Creche at the Maple Valley Latter Day Saints Church. The church has a beautiful display of Nativity Sets from around the world that people from all over the area donate for this. We met our friends the Moultons there, listened to beautiful music, and enjoyed the evening very much - wish I had some pictures!
Now, my cards are done and the presents are wrapped and under the tree. Time to relax and enjoy.
One of my other favorite events of the holiday was going to Alec's honor choir concert.
Can you find Alec? He is to the right of the choir teacher. We were sitting in the center of the theater and the choir teacher was right in front of Alec. When she swayed back and forth we could see Alec!
Alec and Brian are in honor choir. Every week they get to school an hour early to go to choir practice. I don't hear Alec singing much around the house but his choir teacher, Ms. Hinami, says he has a beautiful voice and easily sings in-tune. We are pleasantly surprised that Alec and Hannah both picked up a musical gene somewhere!


No comments: