Monday, September 14, 2009

Nieman Marcus Gala

Last week was the grand opening of Nieman Marcus in Bellevue David's brother Kenny (or Ken as he is known by anyone outside his family) is Senior Vice President and Fashion Director for Neiman Marcus. He was our ticket to the black tie event which was a fundraiser for three Eastside charities. The cocktail party was inside the store which is three levels and there were plenty of cocktails and delicious food. The store is beautiful and it was really fun people watching!

David's Aunt Deanna, Cousin Teresa, David's Mom Karen (Grandma Toot-Toot), our sister-in-law Carol, and me






Carol, Kenny, and me



Me and Magic Johnson!

Carol and I had seen Magic on the third floor just as he was heading toward the escalator. We decided to follow and lost him for a bit. We eventually found him (of course he's not hard to miss) downstairs where he was talking to people. We thought we were being discreet and starting snapping some pictures. He saw us and then motioned for us to come over and asked if we wanted to be in a picture. So nice! Deanna, Karen, and Teresa posed with him and pretty soon other people started getting their pictures taken. Carol and I kinda got lost in the crowd but he kept his eye on us and made sure we got our turn. We were very impressed.


Magic Johnson's wife Cookie was there to show her line of jeans. They are only about $145 which is practically giving it away for NM.
Models were seen throughout the store. The woman in the middle is wearing a million dollar necklace. I wore a $5 diamond bracelet I bought in the children's department at Nordstrom!


How is this for fashion? Reminds me a little of the teletubbies!

I really want to post another fashion statement but Alec told me he'd never look at my blog again if I put it here (too obscene).


At the end of the night we got "goody-bags," a NM tote with a big pop-up book, a home fragrance gift, and a $25 giftcard. Maybe I'll use it toward the Cookie jeans . . .

The event felt like a once in a lifetime party!


No comments: