Sunday, September 13, 2009

Always in our thoughts . . .

This is my friend Najwa. Most likely I have already told you about her. I wanted to give you a face to match to the name and remind you to keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Najwa and I taught together for several years and her son Brahm and Alec were in preschool together. She is a fabulous teacher, friend, and mom. She is winning a battle against breast cancer and is currently undergoing treatment. She has gone through a lot. It is an emotional journey and she has taught us - her family and friends - so much about appreciating the simple things in life and not taking anything for granted. She is a beautiful person - inside and out. We can't wait to celebrate with her when she is cancer free!

(I wish I could get this picture bigger! Here she is with her kids - Aisha and Brahm)

No comments: