Saturday, October 2, 2010

Taiko Drums - Ms. Hinami


It is October so I guess it is time to finish up the summer postings! Life has been just a bit busy with the kids back in school, Alec transitioning to middle school life, and me going back to the classroom for the first time in nine years. No time for blogging until now. Maybe that's a good sign.
Anyway, in August the kids and I went to Redmond to see Ms. Hinami's Taiko Drumming Group. We packed a picnic lunch and had fun watching her perform. She has so much energy and I love watching her. The kids have had some really good teachers over the years, and I truly appreciate what they do because I know just how hard of a job it is. Ms. Hinami is going to be one of those teachers that will always stand out as someone who had such a powerful impact on Alec. She took such an interest in him and helped bring out a talent we didn't even know was there. We see the confidence she has instilled in him all the time.

No comments: