Our friends, the Walls, invited us to their vacation home at Ocean Shores. We joined another couple and their son and Cavalier! Jones was very excited to meet Jake, but Jake was quite a bit more reserved. It was fun to have two Cavaliers around. We had only met Ken and Marietta a couple times brieflyand were happy to get to know them better - very nice and fun to be with.
The weather was cold and rainy. Lynne insists the sun does shine in Ocean Shores but I won't believe it until I see it. (She called me today and said it had been 97 degrees this weekend!)
We did manage to have a really great time. In fact, after our planned two night stay, the kids were asking me if we could pleeeeese stay another night. To their surprise, Lynne asked if we would stay longer. David had to go back, but the kids and I stayed another two nights and then rode back with Lynne.
Some highlights of our trip: playing games, reading, badminton, the ladies going to the wine shop, David and Ken saw "The Other Guys," spaghetti dinner cooked by the guys, beef nuggets and coffee together at last, swimming at the community (indoor) pool and playing games, picnic on the beach when the weather cleared up, watching the dogs, going for walks, a crab feast (Eric, Lynne, and Everett went through the process of picking out the crab while me and the kids stayed in the car. I don't want to see where my food comes from). I also should say "thank you" to Lynne who saved Jones from an encounter with a pitbull before we left!





No comments:
Post a Comment