Monday, July 26, 2010

Napa with ACME


I feel so lucky that I got to go to Napa, CA this summer with three great friends (My ACME group: Moms of Alec, Colin, Myah, Elliot). Alana was going to support her sister-in-law who was running in the Team Challenge Race - Napa to Sonoma - to benefit Crohn's Disease and Colitis. One night at dinner the idea was thrown out that we all go and it didn't take much thought for us to say YES!

Christine, Tami, me, and Alana
We stayed at the Meritage Resort in Napa which was a small, beautiful hotel. The people were so friendly.


We never had a chance to do a tasting at "the cave" at the hotel, but it looked very cool!



We spent as much time as possible at the pool.


There was a small vineyard behind the hotel (you can see it in one of the pictures above). Alana and I took a walk through it one morning.

While Alana and Tami went to a Team Challenge dinner, Christine and I looked for a place to go. After driving through the not-so-nice areas, we used Christine's iphone to give us a recommendation and directions. It rocked. We found a great Italian restaurant.

I had to include this picture of our friend and enemy - the GPS. At times she was a friend, helping us navigate our way to the various places we needed to be and the wineries we wanted to find. At times, she was an enemy, sending us in circles and never allowing us to take the same route twice. When I scrapbook this trip, I'll definitely have to share more stories about our adventures . . .

Alana and Carrie after the race. Carrie did exceptional. In a race of over 3,000 participants, she was in the top 100. Carrie was there to support Alana and I know it meant a lot to her.

After the race we went to a favorite winery of Alana's. The lavender fields were beautiful. We did a tasting and then sat in some comfy chairs on the shaded deck and had a picnic and just had fun talking and relaxing most of the afternoon.


The day we left I had one more thing on my list I wanted to do (actually I had a lot of things left I wanted to do, but we only had a few hours!). Christine and I went to Domaine Carneros and did a champagne testing. We sat on the patio and enjoyed the elegant atmosphere - beautiful!

I zoomed in for this picture and didn't notice the "sheep" in the field until I uploaded the photo!



It was so nice to see a beautiful part of our country I had never seen before and to be able to have time with three special friends.

No comments: