Friday, April 16, 2010

Loved Spring Break

Spring break was great - but way too short. Kent had strike days to make up so I only had Monday and Tuesday off. I actually took Wednesday off too. What a bummer to have such a short break, but we made the most of it! First, I was so happy to have Alec back from camp. I don't think I have ever been so happy to see someone. I must say I was crushed to hear he did NOT like camp. He was cold, wet, and miserable. He also had hurt his foot on the last day and limped off the bus in bad shape. Poor guy! He had looked so forward to camp and was so disappointed. I've heard mixed reviews - some kids loved it and some felt the same as Alec.
We went to the Sounder game last Saturday. We had never been to Quest field before and didn't realize the seats weren't covered. Brrrr! Luckily we were in a row that only had four seats and every time it started to rain I ran into the stands for cover. Hannah bought her and Alec hats (a reasonable $16 each). David and I used to be really into soccer, before kids, but looking back it was "indoor" soccer we really liked - much faster paced, warm, and dry. I think we actually were more entertained by security throwing people out of the game for underage drinking and cussing - they are very strict there. We lost 1-0 and actually bailed at half-time.

David, Alec, Hannah, and I love "Glee" as I've mentioned before. We have been anxiously awaiting the premiere of the second half of the season which was premiering in April. Well, I found we could view a sneak preview the week before at the EMP in Seattle. We had dinner first - at a favorite Thai restaurant - and then went to the show. It was so fun to see it on the big screen with other glee fans. I do think Alec and Hannah were a couple of the youngest fans. It was really fun!


Before that, we took a trip to Westport. We joined Christine and Colin for a few days at the ocean. Hannah was able to bring her friend Maddy which was great. They had so much fun together and I was so grateful to her mom for letting her go! Alec and Colin totally entertained themselves. This gave time for me and Christine to scrapbook and read. Christine also brought her beads and we made artsy bookmarks and some jewlery. Loved every second of it.



Hannah and Maddy on the deck making friendship bracelets.

Alec and Colin enjoying the ocean . . . I mean, video games.


Crafting


Colin and Alec. They've known each other since they were just weeks old and I am so happy that they have remained close friends - almost 11 years later!


A sword fight.


Hannah, Maddy, and Lani


The first day it rained pretty much nonstop. The second day we had a nice break in the weather and spent a lot of time walking on the beach collecting sanddollars and playing fetch with Lani.






Love flip flops




One more spring break picture - Hannah decorting a "bunny hutch." Easter came up so quick (after Hannah's bday) that I didn't do much at all. We didn't even dye eggs for the first time. We did go to my mom and dads for a delicious dinner and the kids hunted Easter eggs.

No comments: