When you are in second grade at Glacier Park you end your year at the drive-in. Kids design a car out of a box and bring it to school. They then get to watch a movie while sitting in their cars. Cute idea. When Alec was in second grade we were not let in on the secret that this is a "parent project." We found him a box in the garage, gave him some contact paper, and he happily turned it into a police car. He did it himself and was very proud. When I carried it to his classroom, my heart sunk, not because I wasn't proud of his - his car was great - but obviously created by a kid. Some cars were insanely elaborate. I don't think I am making this up - one actually could electronically go up and down. Well, this year I was in the know. We bought Hannah a box at a storage place and David spent much of the weekend helping her create a cute little flower car. (Note: the larger box was not available as someone had just purchased it to make a limo.)
This time Alec also came away with something spectacular. I'm sure it has a name. All I know it is a Star Wars ship. He brought down his lego set and told his dad, "this is what I want." Now these vehicles are both taking up the family room and I am afraid they are not going to be recycled anytime soon. I'll try to take some pix of the other cars at the drive-in later this week.





No comments:
Post a Comment